“Art? You just do it.”
Before and after pictures capture creative action, action which often leads to art. Let me explain.
- A necklace breaks
- We put it away
- Rebecca’s little blue box contained pieces of a necklace once dear to her Mother
- She asked if I could make something simple for her
- First, I dumped the pieces onto a bead blanket
- I put aside a single piece that didn’t seem to “fit”
- I laid all pieces out on a bead board
- I set aside an odd long piece
- I added a round beads of similar color – garnets – between the long enamel tubular beads
- Silver spacers complemented the burgundy and coordinated with a large toggle that seemed appropriate for the necklace
- Using a silver headpin, I formed a memento with the leftover beads that could serve as a purse fob
- As a result of creative action, Rebecca can now enjoy her new “old” necklace
Can creative action redefine a piece of jewelry for you?