Inventory. Pricing. Signage. Show specials. Display. Even though these details command my attention (in all caps, in my mind), the muse can’t be denied. My hand, tidying the workbench, happens upon a tiny bag of wooden beads. Spontaneous necklace. Then, another slightly more colorful. Graceful earrings of oxidized sterling seem to form themsleves.
The trunk show at Silk Road Connection is a special occasion. As one of the SRC Local Makers, I feel privileged to present my work there.
Come experience the love with which I create, and celebrate with me Thursday, December 5, 2019 at Silk Road Connection, Eubank at Spain NE in Albuuqerque.
You’ll see plenty of bling in this collection – it is the holidays after all. But, as always, I have special combinations of trade beads, unusual focals, and spectacular bead weavings.
In a found evening, I worked a few more pieces of handmade chain for extenders. This is one of my ways of sharing something special, unique, and totally one-of-a-kind on a necklace. I’ll have dynamic pendants showcased on leather.
Many friends — old and new — have sent good wishes and promised to stop by. Thank you. It will be my pleasure to see you and catch up. My gratitudes include the trunk show itself. It’s so fun to share my work.
So many wonderful people to thank:
- Berdel, an ever gracious hostess in this intriguing boutique. Her friendliness and generosity of spirit, as well as that of her staff, make the trunk show even more important to me. It’s an easy and fun place to shop for you.
- Members of the Bead Society of New Mexico and the maker community
- Newsletter recipients who emailed me about necklaces they love as well as those who told me I had a big typo on the show date.
- The photographer who imaginatively showcased my pieces in sunlight on tile.
- My husband who supports me though countless hours in the studio as I create
- Friends who indulge me as they listen to my stories, concerns and ideas.
- My pods, masterminds, fellow beaders, and ongoing digital connections who’ve heard about this momentous event and tolerated my conversations with good humor.
- I thank each of you for the encouragement, the acknowledgement and the love we’re sharing this week.
With gratitude. Read more about another trunk show at Silk Road Connection.
Trunk Show Detail
Who: Mary Ellen Merrigan, Local Maker
What: Trunk Show of latest works
Where: Silk Road Connection, 5200 Eubank NE #E-6, Albuquerque, NM
When: 11am – 6pm, Thursday, December 5, 2019
Will I see you at Thursday’s trunk show?